OK, I know this is a bit of a copout but please cut me some slack: I’m having a very busy week:
30/9/15 Day 16
Now, I think @Morethanmum will be quite pleasantly surprised by this as I have grouped my chucking stuff into 16 categories rather than specified 16 items tonight. I have rather more than 16 items of which to dispose today after unpacking a couple more boxes.
It’s a kitchenware-themed post today:
- The saucepans were an impulse purchase of a sale item over ten years ago. I didn’t need them then and, now that I have an induction hob, I can’t use them now. They’re OK, I suppose, but I’ve never liked them as much as my Le Creuset and they aren’t even dishwasher safe. I know!
- The two children’s aprons are now too small for either of my children. It would be more of a wrench to get rid of these if either of my children had shown more than a passing inclination to join me in the kitchen.
- A stainless steel tin with a plastic lid that my mum gave me. It’s exactly the wrong size to be of any practical use.
- Then there are the light bulb and water filter that go in our former fridge which is now an ex-fridge and languishes somewhere in the fridge disposal section of a rubbish tip.
- The icing stencils to mark out brickwork on a cake. It’s good to be a little ambitious but I don’t think I was ambitious enough.
- Then there are numerous Lock and Lock boxes without lids. When we bought these boxes we did not realise that they weren’t freezer proof, especially a freezer that’s so small and cluttered that the food stored in said boxes therein tumbled out all over the floor when the door was opened so shattering the non-freezer proof lids. The sample here is representative.
- A burger set, tartlet set and tartlet tins have never been used and I have no idea why I bought them.
- Goodness knows what that plunger like thing is. A cooker maker?
- Various bits of plastic that go in cake storage boxes that have now left the building.
- A curly wurly straw that has now been substantially straightened by becoming caught in a dishwasher. At one time MsDD used these to drink her small beaker of milk.
- Sandwich boxes that were large enough only for mini-sandwiches.
- One of those cupholders that we used to use at my previous choir. I have no idea why I still have this.
- A steamer basket that does not seem to unfold. I have numerous streamers already so have no idea why this is still around.